Monday, May 28, 2012

Parenting Confession

One day when we were low on diapers and I didn't have enough time to run to the store before my husband had to go to work, he called his parents and asked if they'd be willing to come over and watch the kids for just little bit while I went to the store down the road.

Well, there were a lot of other things that I had to get besides diapers and I was in such a rush to get back home because I thought it was rude to just spring this up on my in-law's that I completely forgot to buy diapers until I unlocked the front door.

I was way too embarrassed to say that, so I quickly dug through the bags as though I was searching for them and then told a little white lie about how I must have forgotten them at the store (oh no!) to make myself look a little better.

I felt like I couldn't get back to the store and home fast enough. I felt like a moron and have never told anyone, including my husband, how scatter-brained I went that day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...