Putting a Register.com domain on a pre-existing Blogger (BlogSpot) blog.
Had quite a bit of trouble with it. Here's what I did:
- Find the Google help page about what to do
- Sign in on Register.com
- Click on your domain
- Scroll down to the bottom where it says "Advanced Technical Settings"*
- Click on A to edit
- Add these four IP addresses to the right-hand column
- Leave the left-hand column blank
- Click on CNAME to edit
- Put www in the left-hand column
- Put ghs.google.com in the right-hand column
- Go to Blogger.com
- Go to your blog Settings > Basics (the main/first Settings page)
- Under "Publishing" there is a section called "Blog address"
- Click "Advanced settings"
- Add your domain name, with WWW in front
- Save and reopen
- Check the box for "Redirect MYDOMAIN.COM to WWW.MYDOMAIN.COM"
- Save again
- Check domain in new window
- If it works, awesome!
- If it doesn't appear within a few hours
- Contact Register.com support and let them know you've done everything on your end
- Magically, it WILL WORK eventually
Btw, I bought my .com address for $2. You can too. Just use the code Reg2ea at the checkout. (It was a Google ad, so I'm sure they're making even more money off of me by this.) It's only for new users and it's about as cheap as I could find it online. Enjoy!