Wednesday, December 07, 2011

Printing Coupons: Suggestions?

I haven't been printing coupons for very long. I generally just get the ones I'm fairly certain we'll use. I've signed up for most manufacturers websites just to get exclusive coupons and rewards.

My problem? Printing. We have DSL and it craps out randomly and, more often than not, the moment I hit the "print coupons" button. It then locks up or crashes the page and by the time the internet comes back, the websites say I've already printed.

Besides that, I cannot use any coupon program that requires Java. There is a registry error on this laptop that does not allow me to update or reinstall Java any longer. It's horrible because I can't fix it! Never had a registry problem that I couldn't fix in the past, so this makes me feel old and incompetent.

Does anyone else ever have these sorts of problems? I'd love to hear any suggestions on what to do.

1 comment:

  1. I've found one way to (usually) fix my problem: Turn the printer on and off. The spooling seems to be the problem, so if I turn the printer off after the coupon program is done sending it to the printer, then turn it back on, it seems to work.

    Sometimes the programs tell me there's a problem and to try again, but it doesn't cost me coupons.

    You can also clear your printer spool with a CMD code, but this seems to work just as well for those that don't know how to do that.

    ReplyDelete

Please Click Here to Visit Top Mommy Blogs and Vote for Me! Please Click Here to Visit Picket Fence Blogs and Vote for Me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...