Friday, December 09, 2011

My Coke Rewards (& Memories)

When my grandmother was still alive, she only drank Coka Cola. She couldn't stand to drink water--it made her sick--and her doctors told her as long as she drank something, she'd be fine.


If only we had bothered with this program back then. I remember as a kid literally filling up the back of the station wagon and packing either the dinning room or my grandmother's bedroom with 2-liters, 12- & 24-packs. She would have to special order to make sure they had enough for her to come in and get.

We really stocked up in the winter when there was always a possibility of getting snowed in by living so far from town. We always had some sort of Coke around the house.

My grandmother was such a huge fan, it was easy to get her a Christmas present--Coke memorabilia. I still find myself buying it sometimes even though it's been shortly over three years since she passed away from Breast cancer. I guess it's just because I'm so used to it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...